Bastille Day in Audubon Park!

Bonjour!
This past Saturday in Orlando there was an early "Bastille Day" festival in Audubon Park. The mere thought of crepes alone was pretty much enough to peak my interests. Not to mention the photos from last year, and event list looked like a lot of fun. Matt and I decided to gussy up and hop on over to check it out. Since it's actual Bastille Day today It seemed like the perfect time to share some of our adventures with you! Here's what I wore, 
What I'm wearing: Skirt -Tatyana Hat - Vintage (Nabbed from The Pinup Moose
Shirt -Platos Closet (no label) and the shoes are Naked City Clothing in Portland
We showed up a little early in the day to the celebrations and took a leisurely stroll down Corrine Dr. hopping into a few of the shops along the way. From the sight of the blue, red, and white balloons pinned to signs out front, It was clear the store owners were just excited as we where. That being said, I never expected to be greeted with smiles and applause when we stepped inside of "The Lovely" They thanked us for dressing up, took our picture in front of the awesome french themed backdrop, and offered us two glasses of champagne! I know right?! Thanks to the fine folks at "The Lovely" for totally making me blush, and giving us the warmest welcome EVER! 

Next, we hopped over to Redlight Redlight for their indoor market that featured everything from Vintage clothing to homemade marshmallows! Which were delicious, we ended up bringing home a box of the bourbon flavor. :) We actually ended up camping out for longer than expected because a huge thunderstorm rolled in from out of nowhere! That's FL for you I suppose. :p We sipped our drinks, browsed, and mostly just spent the time chatting. In retrospect I kind of wish I had taken a picture of the market. But instead, please enjoy this back light selfie of Matt and I.
You know that old saying, "The couple who fences with french bread together, stays together." That's totally a thing right? Marie Antoinette said I was on her team. TEAM CAKE! Too bad my loaf suffered the same fate as her head :( Check out the video down below <3
Such an intense battle! 
We got our crepes! So happy :D These are from a local food truck called The Crepe Company, and believe me, they did not disappoint. I had the Honey, Apple and Brie crepe, and Matt got the Monte Cristo crepe... We were still a little hungry though, so we also had had some ice cream from Kelly's Homemade Ice Cream. The Pistachio flavor was a thing of dreams.  

And all all it was a fun, small event and it made for an awesome date-day. I would totally go back again next year. :)

Till next time,
xo Paige

No comments:

Post a Comment