Screaming Squirrels & Coconut Milk

Today I thought it would be nice to sit outside for a little while. The weather is honestly the closest thing to a "nice spring day" we get here in Florida, so I figured might as well take advantage of it. I grabbed the Ulta catalog that came in the mail earlier today, made myself a hot drink, and the pups and I headed outside. 
Monuments after I snapped this silly little photo surrounded by sunshine, and snuggle puppies. I heard the strangest of sounds coming from across the street. The trees were shaking and crashed together, making the dead leaves fall down like confetti, and all of the wildlife around me sounded like it was screaming. birds chirping frantically, squirrels whining. I couldn't figure out what was going on. 

It sounded a little too dramatic to be a reaction to lawn work. Calmly sipping my coconut milk with cinnamon, I looked up to try to see what was causing such a ruckus, I however, didn't expect to see a giant hawk flying across the blue skies. As I watched it, I couldn't help but marvel a little, It's wings spread wide, gliding back and forth, while the wildlife all around me was shouting, warning each other of the danger, making me feel bad for whatever prey it might have pouched from the tree.

I looked down at the un-phased puppups slinking around the yard, without a care in the world, Kaylee slinking around the yard, and Oliver snuggled on my lap.

...I guess they don't speak bird or squirrel.
Either that, or they just knew I'd protect them from any majestic hawks that wandered into my yard. 
Which reminds me... I have another "weird hawk story" I'm going to have to share sometime...

Till next time,
Paige

No comments:

Post a Comment