What's a buffer? -Comic Chats

Hello!
It's been far too long since I've made a webcomic-y video. I love talking about making comics so much. And now that I've gotten my own comic Pumpkin Spiced  up and running after a short hiatus I'm pleased as a peach to jump back into this video series. 

This weeks topic? Buffers! What does it mean? And why is it oh so important in the webcomic world? 


The cliff notes
The quickest way to build a buffer, is to create a backlog of comics before you even start posting pages online. You could even draw your whole first issue in advance! Anywhere from 10- 30 pages will give you an amazing hard start. 

Once you have a buffer, don't stop drawing! The only way to maintain that buffer is to actively work on your comic every single day. Things will come up, life will get busy, and some days you'll totally forget. That's okay. The important thing is to get back on that metaphorical horse, and start drawing again. Our stories are worth it. 

Thanks so much for reading (and watching) If you have any suggestions for webcomic topics for future videos, please let me know! I'll be back next thursday talking about Hiatuses. :O 

Have a fantastic rest of your weekend, 
xo Paige 

No comments:

Post a Comment