Geekycon 2015

Hello!
Geekycon has come and gone, and I honesty can't believe it's over! A huge heart felt thank you to everyone who stopped by our table to snag a copy of the books, a bat, take a picture or say hello! You honestly made the convention so wonderful for us. <3 
The top of our display, we actually recorded a video of our process setting up so keep an eye out for that video on youtube. Matt made and put together our awesome display this year and I LOVE IT! <3 Each of the speech bubbles either from Pumpkin Spiced or Confidence, and they actually unclip so that you can take pictures with them. So fun!
 ALL OF THE BOOKS! I was so happy to have Pumpkin Spiced #3 and Confidence for sale. Matt and I worked so hard to get them ready for print, and we were so excited to share them!
 Posing with a quote from Confidence for instagram. So cool! 
.Ultra awesome ladies posing with their new copies of Pumpkin Spiced #1, Dina from Geekella, and posing with my very own wizard card from the trolley witch. :D They made a bunch of cards featuring attendees as wizards to give out along with their chocolate frogs. All you had to do was submit a picture and short bio of yourself. Mine said, "Paige Lavoie is a Hufflepuff Hogwarts Alumni who failed her all but one of flying courses. She wields a unicorn core wand in one hand & an almond milk latte and in other and spends her time writing stories, drawing comics & making youtube videos."  Thanks trolley witch! It was magical <3
 Our friends and convention-neighbors from last year Amanda and Katy posing and I posing with quote signs! "I WOULD NEVER HATE OUR FICTIONAL CHILDREN!" was a crowd favorite
Posing with their new batty friends <3 
    Matt and I wandered around the vendor room together on Sunday morning and came across an adorable husband and wife duo who run "WizardBrooms" Handmade magical looking broomsticks made with care, and so much character! After browsing through their collection we knew we couldn't leave the convention without one. I'm glad to have a broom in the house that suits our magical little cottage. Thanks WizardBrooms! There's a video of me "flying" around artist alley that might make it into my GeekyCon video. :p It's super ridiculous 
Over in the back corner of the Marketplace there were two tables with post-it notes set up. One said "I love my" the other said "I'm grateful for" throughout the weekend the table filled up with more and more little notes. Here's mine. a picture of mie :p  I thought this was such a fun positive thing to have at the convention. Every time I walked past it made me smile. :) More Geekycon posts to come! For now, I'm going to pour myself another cup of coffee, snuggle with my puppy and (maybe) start unpacking :p

Thanks for all the love and support and I'll talk to you soon!
xo Paige

4 comments:

  1. Your stall looked amazing. It was so cool to see so many people posing for photos with the confidence speech bubbles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you!! We had a lot of fun with it ^.^ The "I'd never hate our fiction children" and "hott butt juice" quotes seemed to be the favorites :p

      Delete
    2. Aww thank you!! We had a lot of fun with it ^.^ The "I'd never hate our fiction children" and "hott butt juice" quotes seemed to be the favorites :p

      Delete
  2. Your stall looked amazing. It was so cool to see so many people posing for photos with the confidence speech bubbles.

    ReplyDelete